Taking time out of an often busy schedule to have an holistic treatment can be a wonderful way to relax and recharge. However, it Is also highly advisable NOT to rush around straight after a treatment.
Instead, to get the most from your treatment, try to follow these simple guidelines:
- Drink plenty of water to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body.
- If driving straight after a treatment, allow time to 'wake up' and open the window for fresh air.
- Give yourself time to rest - take a break from noise and general 'busyness' (such as shopping, driving and fast paced activity) to allow for self-healing.
- If hungry, eat a light meal and keep it healthy by incorporating fruit and vegetables.
- Avoid stimulants such as tea, coffee and alcohol for 24 hours.
- Most people have a sense of relaxation and wellbeing after a treatment, but sometimes people report feeling lethargic, nauseous, dizzy or tearful. It is possible for any existing symptoms to worsen slightly or to experience a mild headache. There may also be an urge to go to the toilet more frequently. THESE ARE NORMAL REACTIONS WHICH ARE TRANSITORY AND A NATURAL PART OF THE HEALING PROCESS.
- For REFLEXOLOGY clients, it can be helpful to reinforce your treatment by applying some pressure on specific hand reflexes between sessions - these will be discussed during/after your treatment where necessary.
PLEASE NOTE - If you have any unusual symptoms or concerns, please contact me (or your therapist) - it is extremely rare to have to seek medical attention from your GP, but occasionally this may be advised.